The Church of St John the Baptist Stibbington, in its delightful village setting among the trees, is mentioned in the Doomsday Book Survey (1086). It was rebuilt as a chancel and simple nave in the middle of the 12th century.
The Norman nave and chancel arch of this period remains. About 1180 a north aisle was added. About 1240 the chancel was rebuilt on a larger scale, with its axis farther to the south, and some twenty years later a south aisle was added to the nave.
The west tower, added in the 15th century, became unsafe and was demolished in 1848–49; the two aisles rebuilt, and the vestry, organ chamber and porch were built, a timber bell-cote being added to the nave roof. One of the manors in Stibbington parish was originally held by the Knights Templar, and then by the Knights Hospitaller of St John.
For Baptism, Wedding and Funerals please contact the Parish Administrator: tel: 01733 380900 or email: email@example.com