Ref No

Subject
Castor Church J Misc
Detail

Document
Castor Church J Misc


Fig J1 VINE Ho sml

Fig J1. Castor – Vine House, the original rectory to the North West of the church; certainly referred in documents in 1634 and parts are probably older.

Fig J2 OLD REC GATE sml

Fig J2. Castor – Stocks Hill gate into the West garden wall of the Old Rectory (to the East of the Church). This house was originally the Glebe Farmhouse and was expanded and converted into the Rectory after 1851.

Fig J3 WATERNEWTON CH sml

Fig J3. Water Newton Church. The “zig-zag” mouldings in the tower at Water Newton Church came originally from the Norman chancel of Castor Church according to N Pevsner.

Fig J4 SAXON COMB sml

Fig J4. Castor – Saxon bone comb, spindle-whorl and pin-beater found in the Saxon nunnery of St Kyneburgha in Castor (excavations in 1973 in Elmlea (39 Church Hill and surrounds)

Fig J5 HASTINGS FUNERAL - Sheep warch cortege sml

Fig J5. Sheep in Castor Churchyard watch funeral cortege of Sir Stephen Hastings arrive Jan 2005.

The attached is the Wayfarer Prayer .


Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/castorch/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 399