Fig B1. (Fig 6d) Castor Church – Dedication Inscription AD 1124. (Photo P White)
Fig B2. Castor Church from South East (photo J Tovey 2004)
Fig B3. (Fig 6b) Castor Church – View from South East on a winter’s afternoon: Theo Hensman,(churchwarden) and sheep grazing in the churchyard, dovecot made by Keith Dickinson of Upton. The young dove in the cage is recovering from a hawk attack.
Fig B4. (Fig 6y) Castor Church – North transept window – note billet moulding indicating on left site of previous Norman window.
Fig B5. Castor Church – view of North side. (AD2004)
Fig B6. (Fig 6c) Castor Church – West end – note large quoin stones on original nave wall, possibly Roman stone-work reused by the Saxons. (Photo J Tovey AD2004).
Fig B7. Castor Church – West end –
Fig B8. (Fig 6cc) Castor Church – Norman South Porch doorway. (Photo P White)
Fig B9. (Fig 6x) Castor Church – gargoyle on external South chancel wall, section of tower behind.
Fig B10. Castor Church – view from South East (Photo P White AD2000)
Fig B11. Castor Church – medieval body-stone in the North side graveyard.
Fig B12. Castor Church – the West end showing the Norman upper window, the Decorated lower window and the two side aisle lights which are Early English. The central nave West wall may be in part Saxon work consisting of re-used Roman stones including the large quoins. There was originally a door in the West wall.
Fig B13. Castor Church –Vine House, the original Rectory which dates back to before 1634 and parts of which may be medieval.
Fig B14. Castor Church – North Transept. This transept consists of re-used Roman material, a blocked up Norman window on the North Wall (see billet moulding) and Saxon Long-and-Short work as the jambs of doorway now blocked up (the upper part having been converted into an Early English window) in the East wall of the transept.
Fig B16. Castor Church of England School – South view of the original school hall built in 1861 and still in use by the school. The school is in Castor Churchyard.
Fig B17. Castor Church – view from Castor House 1950.
Fig B18. Sheep in Castor Churchyard watch funeral cortege of Sir Stephen Hastings arrive Jan 2005.
Fig B19 Castor Church – view from Peterborough Road Castor 14 April 2005 at 19. 39 (Photo Jim Tovey)
Fig B20 Castor Church – view from Peterborough Road Castor July 2002 (Photo Tracey Blackmore)